Saturday, December 27, 2008

Random Musings

My thoughts are everywhere today. But since I'm not doing much of anything else right now other than drinking coffee, I thought I'd probably compose a list...

1. Insomnia, Part 13? I seriously don't know what's wrong with me or why I can't sleep. I don't drink coffee past noon. I don't even have a different sleeping routine over the holidays. I'm not currently stressed out about anything. And yet, I just can't seem to stay asleep. The sleep clinic sounds better and better every wakeless minute I spend in bed.

2. Stupid tires. The low tire warning light worries me. I know I need to get the tires checked, but I can't afford anything to fix anything right now. I keep hoping that it will magically fix itself. If don't know its broken, then maybe it's not broken. I know that's crazy logic, but there you go.

3. Accents are fun. I was delighted when I found out that one my favorite grocers had transferred from the grocery store I used to frequent to the one I currently shop at. I love talking to the guy. His accent is just too adorable! If it were a Scots accent, it would be game over. Alas, it is not.

4. February 3rd. I have a little over a month left of enjoying this temporary position at work. My co-worker's maternity leave ends on this date and it doesn't appear that my department would be able to offer me a permanent position. I really don't mind going back to the phones. And I am sure that most of the relationships I have cultivated during these few months will continue to grow. However, what plagues me most is something God wants me to trust Him in, and I am fretting and worrying over the unknown. I can't even possibly express what I will miss most when I leave this position. But I have to believe that there is purpose behind all this and that it is for the good. Even if I don't understand it right now.

Ok. That's enough processing for the moment...

1 comment:

Sara Sandefur said...

1. Yes. Sleep clinic.
2. It might just need air, or a $10 plug. Take it to Les Schwab and at least find out. If it blows you could be in for a much bigger price tag.
3. Not everyone can be Scottish. :-(
4. Who knows what the future holds?