Wednesday, February 25, 2009

And So It Goes

There are times when I wonder if God watches me, laughs and says, "Abby fell down again?!? Geez, I love that girl..."

It's these experiences when I have no control over my body that give me a humbling perspective.

Of course, here's a list of such experiences since I had joked about tripping over nothing in my last post.

1. Tripped up the stairs on my way to the third floor on Monday morning. I thought I had slipped on something, but...it was nothing.
2. On Tuesday night, I stub my toe at the foot of my bed and I literally fall into bed. Too bad I still couldn't sleep.
3. Dropped my curling iron this morning. I tried to save it by grabbing the cord, but it started swinging. I was not able to avoid it, but the hot iron collided with my arm, and I burnt myself anyway. As a result, I dropped the curling iron anyway. Sidenote: This is what happens when I try to put effort in looking pretty...and now, I have a burnt arm and the curls have morphed into one mondo curl. Sigh. It's Farrah Fawcett hair once again.
4. On my way down the stairs at my apartment, I realize that I had forgotten something. I trip on my way up. I am grateful that it was over the stair. I had feared that my pants would get caught in the heel of my shoe and I would go tumbling down the stairs.
5. On my second trip down the stairs at my apartment, my heel gets caught in my left pant leg and I almost go tumbling down the stairs.
6. As I get out of the car this morning, my foot slips and I nearly fall out of my car. Thank God no one was watching.

Sigh. My chiropractor probably wonders why my back is messed up.

I wonder how I manage to survive the day!

4 comments:

Sara Sandefur said...

Ouch! I think you need new shoes. Or new glasses. Or a new cerebellum.

Lauren said...

Wow. Abby, you're making me nervous. At the hospital we assign constant observers (a CORA) to patients with high fall risks. I believe you're in line for one! Stay safe, lady!

Kristin said...

You got me tripping, stumbling, flipping, fumbling
Clumsy cause I'm falling in love
You got me slipping, tumbling, sinking, fumbling
Clumsy cause I'm falling in love
So in love with you

Can't help it
The girl can't help it

Abby said...

Sara-hmm. New shoes sound good. Still looking for a pair of red shoes!
Lauren-not a bad idea to have someone watch me to make sure I don't fall.I'll get right on that.
Kristin-i love how you make me laugh and get songs stuck in my head. Abby likes this. Ha!