Tuesday, September 9, 2008

All Go and No Quit

I apologize for the past few entries. I promise to be more fun instead of this person I usually filter in public. However, it is good to catalog how God is working, even if we don't see it. Thank you for going through this journey with me...even if it is vague. :-)

I don't have a whole lot to say other than this...in the recent trial I had mentioned, God claimed victory.

No, the circumstances certainly have not changed, and I don't forsee it going away any time soon. But God led me to this place where I don't necessarily want it to. Sure, there is pain. Lots of pain. I might actually shed a tear or two. But I believe something good is going to happen here.

I asked for a sign. And I found it in the Word.
Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary or lose heart. --Writer of Hebrews, Hebrews
12:3


Dear friends, do not be surprised at the painful trial you are suffering, as though something strange were happening to you. But rejoice that you participate in the sufferings of Christ, so that you may be overjoyed when his glory is revealed. So then, those who suffer according to God's will should commit themelves to their faithful Creator and continue to do good. --Peter, 1 Peter 4:12-13, 19

Let us not become weary in doing good for we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. --Paul, Galatians 6:9

My comfort is not worth someone else's eternity.

There are more verses, and I'd love to share them with anyone who actually asks. I have no "miracle story" other than what happened in my heart this morning and what I hope happens in someone's heart soon. I won't let the pain stop me from going to the throne of God and asking for his love and grace to extend to those who have hurt me. Sure, there will be more tests (probably more after I post this blog) that will certainly "throw" me or distract me, but I am confident that it is happening because God is doing something BIG and BEAUTIFUL here.

I have faith. It isn't because I may or may not get everything I want. It isn't because the gap between desire and reality will shrink. It isn't because I can take the pain (I certainly cannot--only Jesus).

I have faith because I believe God works in all things. Pain and struggles are nothing new to Jesus. Even though I feel he is far away, he is here as I go through...whatever it is I am going through. And that is the reason why I will continue. I will keep going. I will never give up doing good.

All go and no quit.

My comfort is not worth someone else's eternity.

And to the person who I am writing this for...keep praying. God hears you and will answer you. Everything is going to be all right.

1 comment:

Sara Sandefur said...

Thanks for including us on the journey. I like this better than the old dark and broody. At least we get a glimpse of what's really happening in your heart.