Friday, September 5, 2008

Checking In...

Hmm...so I've been in hibernation mode. Not my typical dark and broody mode, but I am definitely in isolation.

And I don't know why, either.

Also, I've been angrier lately. Not the typical, "I'm-annoyed-and-people-drive-me-crazy" roll of the eyes. This is, fist in the air, yelling at the world, flying off the handle kind of angry.

Again, I don't know why.

So, I guess its that time again, where God and I need to have a conversation. Right now, its the silent treatment. Reading his Word daily has become routine instead of an open moment for life change. But at least I'm getting something, even if it isn't making it through this hollow tin chest!

I'm not really sure what to say to him other than life isn't turning out the way that I thought it would by now and it's frustrating me. And of course, like everyone else, I want to know if everything is going to be all right. :-)

3 comments:

Amy said...

Thanks for letting us in. I'm sorry your angry right now, and I'm sorry you don't know exactly why, but I pray this time of question and anger will result in greater depth and growth.

I don't enjoy the times that I realize things aren't going the way I planned or thought they would in my life. It's hard. The other day, I just had to repeat "You know the plans You have for me" hoping it would stick and be something I could draw from inside my heart! The struggle for me becomes laying it down continuously

Abby said...

Thank you for sharing. I think what keeps me going other than the grace given to live another day is that I have beautiful friends who pray for me and know where I am because they're going through similar struggles.

I have "nothing can seperate us from the love of Christ" on repeat in my head. Hope my heart listens.

Abby said...
This comment has been removed by the author.