Sunday, September 14, 2008

Anyone Remember How to Set the Time on a VCR?

I'm regressing a little.

My sister was getting rid of some of her movies on VHS. She has pretty much duplicated her collection on DVD, so I inherited these little black boxes that hold film in ribbon form. Since Friday, I have been watching through some of these tapes, laughing at a time gone by.

There are some favorites like Dirty Dancing and Apollo 13. And there are those that are guilty pleasures from high school such as She's All That and Bring It On. (Yes, I admit that I do enjoy a Kirstin Dunst (ack) movie.)

Sure, a weekend of embracing the cheese isn't exactly the best use of my time. But I don't mind every once in awhile rediscovering the things that used to entertain me--even if they are accompanied by the hum of my rarely used, nearly antiquated VCR.

Good times, good times.

No comments: