Friday, March 27, 2009

A Guarded Heart

I've been home sick for the past week. As such, I have had plenty of time to think.

Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life.
-Writer of Proverbs, Proverbs 4:23

They say that joy, once found, slips away. Apparently, in that light, it resembles humility--once you have it, you don't.

My last post was about pondering. I had a lot of great things to ponder and enjoy. And I knew that once I had written that post, I would come up against some tests that would make me regret saying that I had joy.

I was not wrong.

I guess with joy we should expect some sorrow.

These recent tests aren't devastating by any means. But they have brought to light this part of me that I don't quite trust God with yet. I have known for this for some time, but I didn't want to admit it.

I want to believe that God will do something great in this very guarded part of my life. But I know he can't if I don't trust him.


Perhaps, I have been a little too guarded.

No comments: