Sunday, March 15, 2009

Anxiety, I Banish You

The title of this blog was brought to you by Rob Weideman.

I'm not known as being a courageous person.

Around New Year's, Pastor Rob had a sermon that led to this vow of not living life afraid.

Since then, I've encountered situations that test my fears. And in Pastor Rob's sermon today, I was reminded of my goal of living life without fear.

Anxiety and joy cannot co-exist. You cannot have one and expect to have the other.
Anxiety, I banish you.
--from Rob's sermon, based on Ecclesiastes 11-12

I have dreams that I hold close to my heart. And as these recent exciting events and opportunities in life are unfolding in this apparently new season of my life, I, at times, find myself filled with anxiety. However, I must hold onto this encouragement: anxiety has no place in my life if I intend to enjoy the blessings of God. And God wants me to have an abundant life that I can enjoy.

I am a fan of the joy.

I have many fears. Failure, betrayal, loneliness round out the top three. (Believe me, I have more...) But I pray that in the presence of God and his unfailing love, they will flee. I have no room for them; there's too much hope in my heart. And I await with great expectation to see how God fulfills those desires for His daughter.

You have made known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures in your right hand.
--David, Psalm 16:11


Anxiety, I banish you. Dance of joy, may you never end.

1 comment: