Friday, March 6, 2009

Creative Living

Has it been this long since I've posted a random thought?

I know, I know...the seven people who read this are probably going through shock and withdrawals.

At any rate, I suppose a large contributor to my lack of blog has to do with the fact that I am in awe of how amazing God is. February was a little bit a of a struggle (grr...Sara, your disdain for February is now shared by me. Grr.). I won't lie, I was whining a lot...

...and apparently, wishing for something good.

Why is it that we are always surprised that God is already working in our lives? We believe that He is working in all things and the plan is good because He is a good God, but when it actually happens, we shake our heads in amazement as if we were taken by surprise.

I guess it has less to do with our belief that God is working and more to do with the fact that we realize that we really don't deserve the things He gives us.

Something good happened recently. Ok, a lot of somethings good (I know that looks weird. Think culs-de-sac and attorneys general. Trust me, it's right--the nerd has spoken) have happened recently.

However, one almost didn't come to pass because I was too afraid of failing, of taking a risk, of rejection. Little did I know that people were advocating for me to make up for the confidence I lack. Without them, I don't think I would have the opportunity to try something new. My gratitude will never be enough to let you know how much you mean to me!

While I was praying over my decision, one of my friends asked me:

"This is what you have been dreaming of. Why wouldn't God equip you to do something you've always wanted? Why wouldn't you take it?"

There have been opportunities that I have passed up because I didn't want to leave people behind, or because I was too afraid, or because I was going to fail. And I have used these excuses to distract me from what God was doing in my life.

He was going to give me the desires of my heart, and it boggles my mind to think that I wasn't going to take it.

And so...Creative Life, here I come.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Yes! Answered prayers for me, lady!