Sunday, January 11, 2009

Better

Well, I didn't get any work done on the project I had mentioned in my last blog.

Which, surprisingly enough, didn't add to the stress I had been feeling for most of my day yesterday.

In the time I spent not working on my project, I walked with God, talked with friends, went to my friend's son's first birthday party and drank coffee. I also attended a choir concert (which I enjoyed thoroughly, by the way. Sigh. I miss being in a choir) and celebrated my cousin's wedding engagement. My mind suddenly wasn't plagued by anxious thoughts of the unknown. I enjoyed the people God had placed in my life, and was pleasantly surprised by how wonderful they all are and how rich my life is because of them.

Life doesn't always work out the way we hoped.

Sometimes it's better.

No comments: