Friday, January 16, 2009

Two Weeks Notice

In two weeks, I will be back on the phones.

Words cannot describe the utter disappointment and dread I feel about that fact.

As the old adage goes, God has to have something better planned for me. He can do immeasureably more than all I ask or imagine, right?

So why do I feel like these past three months were a tease?

Even as I say these things, I know that isn't true. Many wonderful things have happened in these three short months. To list them all would take...a longer blog.

I have two weeks left to enjoy this life without answering phones, without feeling like a workhorse, without feeling ignored. I don't want it to end, but what I came away with from this flirtation with phone freedom certainly outweighs any disappointment I am currently experiencing.

I guess I was just hoping to keep it a little while longer.

1 comment:

Bryan said...

This would make more sense to me if I knew what you have been doing instead of the phones.