Saturday, January 31, 2009

Lost

Sorry, Kristin, this doesn't have anything to do with my recent obsession with the show you had converted me to. I'm sure I'll write a blog about soon. And yes, I will blame you!

I'll admit that I don't apply myself.

This usually doesn't bother me, but as of late, I have had many encounters with people who have been discovering things about me and reacted with surprise. "Abby, I didn't know you were so [insert compliment here]."

Yes, my friends, Abby hides. She's shy. If you make any sudden moves, she'll run away.

It didn't use to bother me. I was fine with how my life had been unfolding, and I have little to no regrets. I had never wanted to go to graduate school and pursue a professional life. I just wanted a life.

But they don't have classes on how to have a life, or how to get one.

Fine. I'll stop being less vague. I have been offered many opportunities lately, and I haven't taken any of them. Many have asked me why, and all I can offer is, "I don't want to do it."

This, of course, prompts the questions, "What is it that you want to do?"

I don't have a script for that. I lost it along the way, and I am desperate to find out what I am supposed to do next.

No comments: