Thursday, January 8, 2009

Drowning, Sleeplessness and Things that End

Recently, I posted on my Facebook status that I love the rain.

I still do, but I don't necessarily like to swim to work. This past rain storm was ridiculous. For the record, I still love the rain...I hate floods.

Oh Gene Kelly, why must you make singing in the rain seem like so much fun?

The other gnat in my ear is that I haven't been able to sleep the past couple of nights. This, of course, is not surprising to many people. But now, it has taken a different dimension. My downstairs neighbor has taken to leaving his bathroom fan on. I don't know if it is on purpose or if he is that forgetful, or if he is housing some sort of drug ring (I blame this on the lack of sleep). My bathroom is above his, and the sound is loudest there. But my bedroom shares a wall with the bathroom, and the white noise from the fan has transfromed my bedroom into an airplane hangar.

I didn't mind the first time my neighbor had done this a few weeks ago. But it has been three nights this week. And since my insomnia has returned, this little annoyance is really getting to me.

I'm hoping that I won't be too cranky today.

I calmed down a bit this morning when I "woke" up, and left him a lovely note. I pray he reads it and complies without too much trouble.

As for the last part of the title on my blog (hmmm...January's blog titles are turning to be quite long. December was obviously my minimalist title phase), my temporary position at work is ending in three weeks. I won't share all that is going through my mind, but needless to say, I am not a fan of change. I don't like things to end, but I suppose I can't change that.

Everything changes in the end.

No comments: